Monday, November 2, 2015

Miracles and all things Wonderful!

Hola everybody!!
My oh my what an awesome week it has been!! Something that I learned this week is that there are always miracles to be found. You don´t have to be a missionary, you just have to be looking for them! This week in Badajoz though, the Lord blessed us with some awesome experiences.
Monday started off with our interviews with President Andersen and can I just tell you how much I love my mission president and his wife?? Being with them is just the best thing. I know that they are called of God and that they are doing wonderful things here in the Spain Malaga mission. I was super grateful for the opportunity to meet and talk with them both. And I learned a lot about the Brother of Jared. Okay, so last week, my comp and I used the story of the Brother of Jared to teach some people about making a plan and taking it to the Lord in faith. But as i have continued to study it and discuss it and think about it with my companion and even with my mission president, I have learned so much!! So, my invitation to you this week is to go read about the Brother of Jared and study and pay attention to how the Lord answers our prayers and helps us with problems in our lives. Guys, the scriptures are literally like a treasure chest and the more you look around and connect things and ponder, you just can find new gems every single time!
Also something cool that I forgot to tell you guys that I´m kind of freaking out about is that there is a tv show here in Extremedura called mujeres.son and they want to do an interview/show thing on Hermana Watson and I. Long story behind how that happened but basically I´m gonna have to speak in Spanish on tv. No big deal. Aaaahhhh!
Also, an old investigator that we were able to meet with this week told me I looked just like her daughter who lives in Peru, so that was pretty cool. Also, someone asked me if I was half-black this week and I thought that was pretty cool. I´ve gotten hawaiian, mexican, latino, etc. but never that one. (:
Okay, let´s talk about one of many miracles this week. So on Wednesday, Hermana Watson and I were crossing the street when we heard a man call out ¨Hermanas!¨ We go over to talk to him and find out he is from Colombia and just moved to Spain like 15 days ago and you guys - He is amazing! He had been trying to find the church building but couldn´t and had been praying to find a member or the missionaries and He found us. I know that God is involved in every aspect of our lives, because there is no way that he found us by chance. #prayersanswered. he has known the church since the 80´s... so like thirty years! And loves missionaries. He has read the Book of Mormon 7 times. SEVEN TIMES! And has also read the Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, Jesus the Christ and other assorted church books. Well of course we were thrilled to meet him and we set up an appointment with him. We got to know him better and boldly asked him why he isn´t baptized already. He told us he has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, but has some questions about other things and he has never officially had the missionary discussions. So. We are going to meet with him and teach him and I have faith that soon he will make that choice and come unto Christ and be baptized because he is already so prepared!! Woohoo! So cool.
This week we also had a Halloween activity in our branch here in Badajoz! We taught everyone how to carve pumpkins - which they loved- and then just played games and ate yummy food. it was way fun and some people from our English class came too! not investigators, but they definitely have potential and I loved that they came to hang out with us. (: One cool fact about Spain is that when we do food for parties, it is all out and it is so delicious. I love it.
Okay, one last thought for this week. I have been studying general conference and this week one of the talks I read was Gary E. Stevenson´s and I loved it! He shared with us an impression that he had recieved that he said comforted him and it comforted me as well. He said ¨...focus not on what I can´t do but rather on what I can do. I can testify of the plain and precious truths of the gospel.¨ There are so many times already in the past 2 months that I have felt inadequate for this mission call. People ask me questions that I don´t know answers to and I can´t fully speak the language or understand it. But. I need to focus on what I can do. No, I am not fluent in Spanish, but I do know enough to bear simple testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. I know enough to tell the people that the Book of Mormon is true, Jesus Christ is our Savior and we are children of a loving Heavenly Father. And in reality, that´s what I was sent here to do.
I love this gospel. I love being a missionary. It is a privilege to be serving my Heavenly Father and be able to dedicate every moment of every day to Him and His work.
xoxoxo Hermana Hauber

For p day a couple weeks ago we went hiking with the elders in our district,
 isn´t the view awesome! 

At our halloween activity with all of the pumpkins that people carved.

The elders, us, and then Santi (a menos activo that we are super good friends with)
and his coworker Encarna who came so there was another woman. haha.

This is beautiful Merida! On a not rainy day. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment