Monday, April 25, 2016

Let's go to the Beach!

Hello everybody!!
Soo.... The biggest news of this last week is that we got transfer news!! After 7 months here in my wonderful Badajoz, the Lord has called me to serve in a new area. And yup, you guessed it, it's right near the beach. I have been transferred to serve in Alicante! For those of you not up on your Spanish geography(; Alicante is the complete opposite side of the country from where I am now. And yes, it is on the beach! Also, I have been called to be a SHE. Most missions they have Sister Training Leaders, but here in our mission we lovingly call them SHEs - Super Hermana Entrenadoras.
To be completely honest, I have had a lot of mixed feelings about these new changes. When we relieved the call from President Andersen Saturday morning, I just cried and cried and I was really sad. Y'all have probably noticed... I LOVE BADAJOZ. The people here are literally my family and I have learned and changed and grown and experienced so much here I don't know how I will leave it all behind.
However, as I was talking to some members here, one of them reminded me that change is necessary. That it's impossible for me to stay here for my whole mission because there are more people for me to meet and to serve and Badajoz, just like the CCM or any other phase of my life, is really just a step to help me progress and become more like my Savior Jesus Christ.
As I have pondered and prayed more with this mindset, I know that my good friend Oscar was exactly right. My time here in Badajoz has been amazing! But there are more responsibilities and more challenges and trials and people awaiting me. I truly have felt the confirmation that this change comes from the Lord and how grateful I am to be serving under a mission president who is worthy and in tune to receive this guidance from the Lord. I really am excited for this opportunity to go to Alicante and serve the people there.
Apart from transfers, we had a really good week. We started teaching someone new and helped an investigator fix a baptismal date and well, I just really love missionary work. The work is moving forward here in Badajoz and all over the world! I'm so grateful for these months that I have to be a missionary - it really is short but it is amazing. I love you all, have a wonderful week and talk at ya next week!
XOXO Hermana Hauber

No comments:

Post a Comment