Monday, September 12, 2016

Life flies by!

Hey y'all!
This week has basically been a one of a kind. Haha. We had two intercambios, a district leader training, a YSA activity a stellar family night and today we had consejo!!
Let's start off with intercambios. We did them with the Hermanas in Alcalá and the Hermanas in Córdoba! And on one of them, I was talking to one of the Hermanas and we were talking about having Christlike love for others. And she basically told me that Christ knows us all so well - he knows how to help us and lift us and help us overcome any thing that might happen in this life. And well.... We, being imperfect human beings, sometimes it really is hard to find this love for others. BUT. We can do it, we just have to work for it. For example, just like we can't judge someone before we know them, we can't fully love them the way Christ does before we know their strengths and weaknesses and really know who they are. So I thought that was really cool.
The district leader training! Basically it was us and a bunch of district leaders and even though the training wasn't directed at us as the sister leaders, I learned so much! And one thing that we talked about was the difference between alimentar and nutrir. Like the difference between feeding and nourishing. Anyone can feed someone. BUT nots onetime people don't need to be fed, they need to be nourished. In order to grow AND progress, we need specific "food" designed to meet our personal needs. So all of us - teachers, missionaries, parents, friends, leaders, whoever - should always focus on knowing the people we are going to help so that we can nourish them and not just chuck them full of food.
We had a great YSA activity this weekend all about missionary work! I know we as missionaries say this all the time, but. Members of the church have a HUGE responsibility to help the work move forward!! This gospel is for everyone - and in order to come even close to helping others, we need to all work together!
Also, on Sunday we were able to have a family home evening with our do,I icon investigators in the house of our bishop. We did a cute little activity that showed the importance of baptism and the spirit was so strong. It was the first time I have had the chance to get to know the bishop and his family and they made good friends with the Dominican family and it was such a blessing!!!
Okay, to finish up, we had consejo today. And Elder W. Craig Zwick is here to do a mission tour and he spoke to us during our leadership meeting. We talked a lot about obedience and sacrifice and how it is by those two things that we are worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us. We also talked about a million more amazing things and at the end, we had the opportunity to bear a 30-60 second testimony about something we learned and then about Jesus Christ and wow. I felt the spirit so incredibly strong! It is such a unique and special experience to be living in an environment with so many dedicated missionaries and where the spirit is so strong.
Well, I'll step off my soap box now that I've rambled for so long. This is only like a fraction of my week. We just have been running running running and working and loving and I'm exhausted. But. I love being here and I'm learning so much. This truly is THE LORDS WORK and I feel so blessed to be a part of it.
I hope you all are doing well and are happy!
Lots of love, Hermana Hauber (:


that moment when its 7 o'clock at night and 47 ° Celsius...
That's basically 117 ° Fahrenheit folks


intercambio #1- the senior couple made us a pot roast afterwards...
#realamaericanfood it was delicious!

I saw Hermana Peters! (Also check out the tanline on my foot...
haha) 

intercambio #2- two of the happiest hermanas I have ever served with!

Hermanas Taggart and Carnero!

This is basically what happens every intercambio...

My shoe broke...

Both of them...

I'm learning to let my food touch and eat it all together (;

Consejo with my compi! We figured out comp unity
with the flower dresses at least (;


No comments:

Post a Comment