Monday, September 5, 2016

It's a hot one

Hey y'all!!
This has been a crazy week, it all just went so fast and here we are at Monday again. We had some cool experiences this week.
First of all, remember that family of cute kids from the Dominican Republic that I talked about the other week? Well, so the three kids live with their mom and they are all just adorable. But this week we went over and were retracting lesson 1 to make sure they understood some important things and the mom ended up telling us that she doesn't like churches and doesn't want to get baptized. BUT. She is still okay with us teaching her kids and wants them to make their own choice. It was kinda sad, but then on Sunday, the two boys came to stake conference all by themselves! And they enjoyed it!  They always have such good questions and are already almost done with 1 Nefi! So keep them in your prayers please. (:
Also, we went to one of the pueblos of Sevilla for intercambios this week and it was nice to get out of the heat! But we spent a lot of time talking with the Hermanas about how to have better comp unity and love one another and I just had one of those moments where I felt so strongly that the Lord was working through others to answer my questions and teach me. It was a really cool experience to literally KNOW what the Lord was telling me and that these Hermanas, even though we went to "help them" really were helping me!
Also, like I mentioned, we had stake conference on Saturday and Sunday! They asked me last minute on Friday night if I could accompany the choir on the piano and I actually could do it! It was a cool blessing to be able to share my talents in that way and even though I was freaking out, the Lord definitely helped me and made up for what I couldn't do. ALSO. I got to see some of my beloved members from Badajoz!! I cannot even tell y'all how happy that moment was for me. I thank the Lord every day for the 7 months he let me serve there.
I am so grateful to be here as a missionary! I have been thinking so much about love this week - about charity. The Lord has so much love for us - we will never be able to comprehend it. And as a missionary, He sometimes allows us to feel just a tiny bit of that love that he has for other people. And it is incredible. I know he loves us. And I know that when we ask with faith, He will help us in anything and everything that we want to do.
I hope y'all remember that - include Him in your lives. And have a wonderful week! (:
XOXO, Hermana Hauber

My adopted family in Badajoz ❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment