Monday, November 21, 2016

Almería!

Hey everybody!!

This weeks letter comes from a new city in Spain called..... Almería! Yup, transfers happened and I am now on the southern coast of Spain, right across the sea from Africa. So that's pretty cool.
And I'm with my new compi, Hermana Trujillo! She is from Peru and has about 6 months in the mission so that is fun. She has been here a transfer and I'm brand new, but we are working together to get to know everyone and figure out the bus schedules so these past couple days have been an adventure. (:
I don't have much to say this week but want to share a quote with y'all from something that I read this week....
Nevertheless, the soul that comes unto Christ, who knows His voice and strives to do as He did, finds a strength, as the hymn says, “beyond [his] own.” The Savior reminds us that He has “graven [us] upon the palms of [His] hands.” Considering the incomprehensible cost of the Crucifixion and Atonement, I promise you He is not going to turn His back on us now. When He says to the poor in spirit, “Come unto me,” He means He knows the way out and He knows the way up. He knows it because He has walked it. He knows the way because He is the way.
This is from a conference talk by Elder Holland from 2006 and I just want to focus on what he said about coming unto Christ.... the invitation that Christ ALWAYS gives us is to come unto him. No matter where we are, who we are, what we have done or where we have been, he just invites us to COME. As missionaries, we do lots of things: take out trash, knock doors, walk a lot, contact on the bus, study, etc.... but all of things are with one purpose only. To help others COME UNTO CHRIST.
That is what the mission is truly about and I guess it's taken me a while to figure it out. But it's fine. I'm here helping others come unto Christ and I LOVE IT. I'm so grateful to be here and for all of y'all that have supported me and loved me and written me and helped me. I'm grateful for a Savior that, time and time again welcomes us back and invites to COME unto Him. I'm grateful for this gospel that provides the way to return to Him and I'm so very grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given us everything.
I hope y'all have a wonderful week for Thanksgiving! Eat lots of yummy food and just be grateful, okay? (:

LOVE y'all!!
Hermana Hauber (:

We finally arrived in Almeria!

More goodbyes in Sevilla....





We spent the day as a trio and it was so fun!


My welcome to Almeria Cena. She's the sweetest!

We spent the day with these two Hermanas in Fuen!

An investigator gave us matching T shirts!

And we bought matching hoodies (:

No comments:

Post a Comment