Monday, January 18, 2016

5 Months a Missionary!

Happy Monday!!
From what I've hear pretty much everyone has work and school off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I think today really is a happy Monday for y'all. (: This last week was a good one! Here are some highlights....
1. Interviews with President Andersen. I. Love. My. Mission president! Seriously, he and Hermana Andersen are so uplifting and so full of love, I'm am so grateful and so blessed to have the opportunity to serve with them. Something that we talked about was how the gospel is shared through the words of someone. I invite you all to go read in Alma 5: 7-13 where he is talking about how through the words of Abinadi, Alma came to know the gospel and he says this... "7 Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word... and their souls did expand, and they did sing redeeming love. And I say unto you that they are saved." How cool is that?? Their sounds were illuminated by the word. I LOVE how he describes that and the idea that the gospel can illuminate our souls. It can change our hearts and change us. So cool!
2. Looking for little miracles. So.... Being a missionary isn't an easy thing. Lots of times, people fail us, nobody opens their door, there's always excuses and people in the street don't even stop to listen. But, being a missionary brings so many blessings and miracles, you just have to look for them! This week, I tried to be super aware of little blessings we received and it helped me be so much more positive, to be happy and to see that the Lord truly is involved in every aspect of the work. So here's just a few things I noticed....
We had a super solid lesson with our investigator, Borja!
We found some antiguo investigators who invited us to come back this next week!
We saw sunshine!
We got another bombona of butano so now have warm showers!
3. I learned how to make tortilla de patata! This is one of my favorite Spanish foods and it is delicious. The mother of our branch presidents wife taught us and it was awesome!
4. I hit my 5 months today... Say what?? Shout out to my compi who decorated my desk this morning.
Overall, it was a good week. We decided that the mission is like a mini roller coaster on an escalator.... There are ups and downs all the time but overall, you are always going up. Kinda a lame analogy but it's true! I love you all and thank you for all your support! Have a great week!
Xoxo Hermana Hauber

Our whole district together at interviews!

Recieved my Christmas package from Grandpa and Grandma
Hauber!! Thank you!!

Translation: Take care of yourself... Eat bread.

This is Angelica, a menos activo, and she taught us how to make
tortilla de patata! YUM!

My comp decorated my desk for my cumplemes,
happy 5 months to me!

Tortilla de patata and the rest of our yummy lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment