Monday, March 28, 2016

Aleluya!!

Happy Monday y'all!
It has been a wonderful week here in Badajoz. It is incredible how much I learn every single week. Sometimes I'm afraid I will forget it all. But of course, once it comes time to email I don't remember anything that I wanted to say so that's cool. But anyways.... Here's just a few things.
First of all, we have had some great contacts this week! One of them is named Lorenzo and turns out he actually is a menos activo. He hasn't been to church in something like 11 years and has been studying with other churches but he saw us on the street the other day and actually called out to us to find out where the capilla was. And he came to church and we have been able to start teaching him!! It is amazing to see the Lord truly has his own time and plan for each one of us as his children.
Something else you should know about this last week is that it was the week before Easter, AKA Semana Santa, AKA A HUGE DEAL here in Spain. Almost every day they have big processions in the streets and loud music and it is super interesting. We didn't actually see any, which is a little crazy because we work in el centro, but we have seen pictures and madre mia. But along with this, we have been sharing the Aleluya video with so many people!! Although many weren't interested or thought it was nice but still weren't interested, the countless opportunities to share my testimony and really think about the Savior's life has helped me grow closer to my Savior. If you haven't watched this video yet, go to Mormon.org and watch it! It's beautiful.
One more thing about this week. One of the elders in my district is a rockstar, well, really they all are, they are awesome, but this one gave me some advice that I won't ever forget. We had called the elders in our district to get some finding advice, because we are doing a lot of finding right now. And one of them, after explaining some stuff to me said "Hermana, one more thing. Desanimo no existe. It's a lie, When you feel discouraged, do something to get going again because you have control over that." And ladies and gents I LOVED THAT. Because there are hard times every single day, but we can't let the desanimo win.
Anyways.... Things are going great here in Badajoz. I love being a missionary, I love my sweet compi and I'm pretty positive I learn more from her than she does from me. I know our Savior lives and loves us, and that gracias a la resurrection, we can all find a new life in Jesus Christ.

Have a great week!!
XOXO Hermana Hauber

No comments:

Post a Comment