Thursday, September 24, 2015

Last week in the MTC!!

Hey hey everybody!!
So I´m officially in my last week here at the MTC and I can´t believe I´ve already been out for 6 weeks!! That is crazy to me. But, I´m so stoked to get out in the field, a little bit nervous, and also a little sad to be leaving all of my friends here. But, all good things!
Last week for p-day we went to the Real Madrid Stadium. I pretty much died of happiness, it was huge and beautiful and I loved it!! I love that we get to go into Madrid and see cool things and walk around and experience the city a little bit.
Also, this last week, the native spanish speakers came for their two weeks here at the MTC! we weren´t sure what it would be like, but they are so cool!! And they are so patient to speak Spanish with us. Because they were here, we did all of sacrament meeting in Spanish and I understood almost everything! Blessings. This last week too, in church my district sang the EFY medley with another district and it was the coolest thing. Music brings the spirit so strongly.
Something I have been thinking about a lot this week is Matthew 16:25-27 and losing myself in the work. The two elders in my district who taught sunday school talked to us about who we are as missionaries and how we have to lose our lives, give everything we have, our will, our talents and time and ourselves to the Lord. One of them shared this ¨"We only have 2 years/18 months to serve our mission. But we have all of eternity to think about HOW we served". When I look back on my mission I don´t want to have regrets. I want to be able to say that I gave my everything and didn´t get distracted by dumb things, didn´t waste my time, I want to be proud of the mission I served. I LOVED that!!
My week at the park was good too!! My companion last Saturday was Hermana Melton, she is STELLAR. We really tried to focus on our purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ and talking to everyone about who we were and why we are here. It was discouraging because not a lot of people were there... I finally told her that I just wanted to testify to someone, tell them what I believe and why I love this gospel. Just after that, We had a couple of awesome conversations and felt the spirit so strongly. I KNOW that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and He will bless us as we are faithful.
Anyways... I think that is it. I´m positive this will be a weekend full of tears and good memories as we make the transition from the CCM to the mission field.
I love this gospel and I love my Savior! I know it is true with all of my heart and I can´t wait to teach it to people and help them feel this joy!!
xoxo Hermana Hauber

At Santiago Bernabéu Stadium

My brother Jeremy's favorite player, Cristiano Ronaldo

This is my district (minus two) at the stadium last week

Literally, this is the sunset we see every night from our classroom. I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment